Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Visit with Jen, Ben and Dillon


This past weekend my parents and I flew out to Salt Lake City for a weekend full of skiing and wedding planning. Mom and Dad flew out on Wednesday night and I flew out on Thursday. Dad and I went skiing at Alta on Friday, they had gotten 7 new inches of snow on Thursday night so there was some nice powder. Unfortunately it didn't snow the rest of the weekend which was kind of disappointing because they have been getting tons of snow so far this season. But I guess I shouldn't complain because it was still just awesome to be out there. On Saturday morning Ben and I went up to Solitude and hit the slopes with Dad joining us after lunch. It had warmed up a bit so the snow was a little heavy but still great skiing. While we were skiing Mom and Jen went to the the florist and did some shopping.
On Saturday night we all went to the Millcreek Inn where Jen and Ben will be getting married in May. They were having a tasting for several of the foods you can choose from for the reception. All of the food was absolutely amazing and since it was a buffet I of course ate way too much. They had probably 8 different meats on the buffet and I had at least one of all of them (actually three servings of the pork), along with some sides and three pieces of cake. The place is really pretty and I am excited for the wedding.
We skied really hard on Saturday from 9:15 to 4:00 with only a 3o minute lunch break and since I am currently in really bad shape, we decided to not go skiing on Sunday. Instead Ben, Dad and I went fly fishing on the Middle Provo River in Heber Valley. Since they have gotten so much snow this year we had to snowshoe in to the river. It was absolutely beautiful and I had a good time. I roughly know the mechanics of fly fishing but I don't know what flies to use and where. Ben was kind enough to do everything for Dad and I and Ben is the only reason I caught any fish. Here are some photos of the fishing trip. While the guys were fishing, Mom and Jen went to the Ann Taylor bridal show.
The weekend had come to a close as we traveled back home Monday night. Mom and Dad had flown directly from Cincinnati but I had come out of Lexington. So as we landed in Cincinnati my flight to Lexington had been canceled because of the weather. Mom and Dad decided to drive me back to Lexington and we actually found two other men stranded in Cincy and brought them back with us. The roads were pretty bad but Dad did a great job driving and got us home in just under two and a half hours.
It was a great trip and it was great to spend time with Jen, Ben and Dillon (even though Jen was sick the whole weekend).

1 comment:

Greg said...

I already saw your fishing pictures because they showed up in my picassaweb notifications. I'm definitely super-jealous. Do you have other pictures from the trip?

Sounds like this pork was good; are they going to have it at the reception? Also, are you going to go backpacking with me after the wedding? I know you've got to move to OKC shortly after the wedding, but you've got a few days, right?