Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Busted/planes

My friend Hillari and I were talking about getting busted when we were younger.
It really never happened to me. I was the good child.


It did remind me of this one time...
Abby and Kim got busted for lying about being where they were supposed to be. Some how mom found out. They were grounded for who knows how long- a week, 2 weeks or possibly a weekend? I honestly have no clue. It did not relate to me and I did not care. Not until, somehow, it affected me.

Here is how I remember it going down:

Kim and Abby: Mom, we really want to go to Matt Jones' house tonight.

Mom: No.

This went on forever. Mind you, I am in my PJ's (9 pm-some things never change) watching TV. Ignoring this conversation until....

Mom: You can only go if AMANDA GOES.


Really? If looks could kill, there would have been dead bodies in our house right then.

Typical Amanda luck. Of course, I was such a push over, I went. And those girls owe me. I have not forgotten about that.

One other quick funny story.

Carmen and I went to Washington D.C. this past week for her 5th grade school trip. She seemed to be terrified of all the planes coming in and out of the near by airports. She was concerned they might "run" into the buildings. I assured her that was not going to happen and there was no need to worry about it. After, 3 full days of her asking me, "what will we do" "what if". I finally responded, "If a plane runs into this building we will die. There is nothing we can do about it. So, lets enjoy our trip." That shut her up. Harsh? Yes. But 70 5th graders and getting paired with the most redneck of moms just about did me in. She never asked about the planes again.

Just learning as I go...

Amanda

No comments: