Monday, September 10, 2012

Denver

I was only in Oklahoma for 11 days the month of August.  I managed to miss 2.5 weeks of 105+ degree weather. Hallelujah!  I am a traveling fool and I'm not finished yet!

After returning from Key west, I unpacked (dumped clothes in living room floor) and packed for Denver. I had 1.5 days at home before we departed.

Brian and I had not been to Denver in years. We were excited to visit again and of course see our dear friends. We had an amazing time even though it was far to short.

Unfortunately, Brian and I both ate like we were 8 months pregnant. We are still feeling the aftermath of all those calories. T is 8 months prego with her second child. Back to the food... I think we ate some of the best food Denver has to offer. I'm still dreaming of the fried ice cream. nom nom nom.

Side note/observation: I have a feeling when the times comes, God willing, and we are pregnant Brian will gain as much as I do. eeek! ;)


I snapped a few photos from our weekend.
Golden, CO. Beautiful town. 

While in Golden, we ate here. Best pizza in CO. If you are ever in the area, it is a must try!

Walking to brunch. This melts my heart. One day....

Brian's bloody Mary.

Logan decided she wanted photos taken of her with the statue.


Funny story about this Pegasus statue. Brian and Zac went to a baseball game on Saturday night. I asked them the name of the team.

Brian: The Denver Pegasus
Me: Oh, ok.
Brian, Zac and Tia all laugh.
Me: Is that not it? What is it?
Brian: Colorado Mountains.
Me: Really?
Brian: Yes
Me: Ok.
insert laughs AGAIN
Me: Seriously guys, what is the name?
Brian: Colorado Rockies.

I still have no clue the name of the baseball team. And I could careless. So there! 

View from their apartment in downtown Denver.

Logi had a great time on my 'puter and
 and watched the beginning of a million Netflix
movies with her magnify glass.

Then it was photo shoot time. I was able to capture a cute one of us!

The night before we left Logan wanted me to put her to bed. We put on pjs, brushed her teeth, read a few books, covered up all her stuffed animals and I handed her her glow in the dark toy. As I was turning the light off she said, "can you sing to me?" My first reaction was to laugh. For a split second, the only thing I could think of singing was a country song. And that was probably not the type of bedtime song she was looking for. Thankfully, twinkle twinkle little start came to mind. I sang in a very low voice so no one could hear me. I was practically in the crib with her.  HA.
She liked it. Thank Gosh! I may have been sweating while singing. No joke. I need to work on my vocals for next time. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG this cracked me up. I can only imagine what went through your head when she asked you to sing! HA!