Monday, February 11, 2013

New car?

The Audi has been having some trouble as of late. We took it to the shop and found out it would cost around $1, 100 dollars to fix. The local shop we always take it to does not have the tools to fix it. We are left with a dilemma... do we fix it or get rid of it? We have said for the last few years we will not put anymore money into this car. It has been a great car for us, but we don't want to spend more than we (ed and ann) paid for it :).

Brian called me to "discuss" whether we should donate the car and purchase a cheap car for him to drive. I called my dad, he called his dad and we still did not have any answers. We needed one of the two to say, "fix the car" or "get rid of the car". Ugh! I hate being an adult and making these decisions. I'd rather someone else.  But then, Brian made the decision very, very easy for me. Here's what happened:

Brian: I have been thinking. I don't think it is necessary to purchase a cheap $5000 car. I think it might be smarter to go ahead and purchase the "next" car we would eventually get and get a head start on paying it off before kids.

Me: I see your point. Just make sure your SUBARU has leather.

Brian: I was actually talking about a mini-van.

This is when I reminded him that I am a 26 year old female with no kids, not even pregnant or even trying to get pregnant.

Marriage is all about compromise  I told him if we went ahead and started "trying" then I would be ok with getting a mini-van. His response, "No".

The Audi is getting fixed.





4 comments:

aMUSEing said...

looooove this!

abbysalderman said...

dying... haha so funny

Greg said...

This was an amazing piece of storytelling! I am laughing so hard.

lehne said...

this had us cracking up! great post