Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer job!

For the last couple weeks I have been stressing over finding a job. But at the same time being picky. I know that is probably not the best idea with the current state our economy is in...but I was. I could have been a lifeguard again or I could have been a day camp counselor at RCCA. Although on the application at RCCA (Rowan County Christian Academy) I think some of my answers would have been an automatic DECLINE for an interview..so I did not even turn it in. Ha.

No need for anyone to worry any longer...I have a job! I am working for the Rowan County Animal Shelter a.k.a. Dog pound. You may wonder what this job entails? I make my own schedule. So, I work 7:30am-2pm (give or take). My morning starts off by meeting the dog warden, Jimmy (super nice guy), at the court house and we head off to the dog pound where we spend about two-three hours cleaning up the shelter. Then the rest of the day we drive around Rowan County picking up stray dogs that people have called in. Jimmy has taken me to parts of Rowan County that I did not even know exist! I LOVE it.

Before my first day of work I was informed by my mom, dad, sisters, Brian, Ed, Ann, and Uncle Jimmy ( the judge) that I was not allowed to take any animals home with me. They act like I would take in a free dog...please!

I think I found Charlies long lost brother who so desperately wants to be with him... does anyone want a black lab?

until next time...
Amanda Scott, Assistant Dog warden

1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad you've found a job you like! And love your signature :)