Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in Kentucky.

As we left for Kentucky we were excited that we may get to see a snow flurry or two. Oklahoma hardly gets any snow or rain for that matter. Little did we know that Oklahoma would get a down pour of freezing rain then 14 inches of snow on top of that on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Wow, thanks Oklahoma. Once we made it back to Oklahoma Brian had to push the car out of our parking spot at the airport. The roads were awful and the side roads still are pretty bad. I got passed today by another suv on a side road. I guess I was going to slow.

But let's get to our first Christmas as a married couple. This was probably one of the most memorable Christmas' for me. This Christmas I think I realized one of the many reasons for the season. And that was giving. My aunt who has been legally blind for a long time now got a huge surprise. Let me give you a little back ground of why she is so deserving. She took care of my grandparents (my mamaw was blind), before she lost her sight she was constantly taking my cousins and I shopping, to the movies, out to eat, etc. She help us set up lemonade stands in the front yard. She would do anything for anyone. And she would scratch my back and play with my hair for hours. :) I spent a lot of my time at my grandparents house and have very good memories. I realize I am so lucky to have shared many of my days with these wonderful people. I know now that materialistic things could never replace all the years spent in the "little yellow house".

So, she had been thinking about getting a flat screen TV. She had decided to wait till after Christmas in hopes that they would go on sale. Well, did she get a BIG surprise! When she opened the box and realized what it was it brought tears to her eyes. She couldn't speak for about five minutes. And that people is what it is all about.















That was not the only heart warming surprise. My cousin, Carmen, who is 8 was so excited when she saw that Santa had brought her a pair of roller blades. She screamed through the house. Let's hope she does not break her arm for a third time. :)




































































The one that was the funniest surprise would have to be a my father-in-law who screamed and laughed for what seemed like forever. We finally got him to show us what it was and sure enough it was a Wii. He also got the Wii fit to go with it. Ed's Wii fit age was 47. Brian's age was 32 and Gregs was 39. HAHAHA. FUNNY. What a good Christmas Ed had...not only did he get a Wii but he also got the gift of being like 20 years younger. Now that yall is priceless.


Some of my fellow readers (surprised I had any) had asked if Santa brought me the one thing I asked for Christmas...and that he did!

3 comments:

Greg said...

I don't feel so bad about my WiiFit age anymore now that Jen did it and got a 44!

It was great to see you all for Christmas!

Jen said...

You weren't supposed to share that! Now Mom will never tell us what hers is when she does it.

Loved your post, Manda (and Dad did, too). Sad we had such a short overlap but so good to see you both!

paintnpencil said...

Sounds like a beautiful Xmas, so much snow hey, we're on the other end of the scale with heatwaves. Loved your post.