Thursday, January 7, 2010

Charlie boy and the cold weather.
























First let me start off by saying that UCO, which is where I work, was on a 2.5 hour delay today because it was cold. But, I of course showed up at 7:40am opened up the enrollment management section and was ready to go. All the while, wondering why no one else was at work. It was not until someone told me that the University was on a delay. My response, "A delay? What for?" " The cold weather." Well, that is a first for me. I came home cleaned the house, did some laundry, and watched some tv. I guess I need to start checking the new station more often when it's going to be cold. CRAZY! I will check in the morning because it is supposed to be about 10 degrees colder than today.

When I came home for lunch today, I was greeted by someone at the door...Charlie. In our house we have it set up to where he has full access to the backyard, our mud room, and the house (he goes through his dog door and straight into his crate). We have his crate sitting on a blanket so that it does not scratch up the floor. Charlie either got too cold (18 degrees & wind gust up to 40mph) or bored and figured out a way to move his crate to where he could get out. I was so proud of him, not because he managed to get out of his crate, but that he did not destroy anything. Once I left to go back to work, I arranged everything back to how it normally was when Brian got home he had a greeter as well.

:)

Stay warm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's such a smart dog! If if gets to be a problem maybe you can get a rug with a non skid backing for under the crate.