Sunday, January 31, 2010

Apple Pie-Molly Carew would be so proud.

Yesterday afternoon Brian and I spent most of our time in the Kitchen. We got a new cookbook for Christmas, Pioneer Women, and decided to try out a couple new recipes. Luckily, we were making dinner for some friends of ours so we would have all this food to share. Thank God, because we all know Brian and I can consume large amounts of food just between the two of us.

For starters we had Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos Thingies.

For Dinner we had the famous Ann Scott-- Black bean spinach Lasagna with a tossed salad.

And for dessert homemade apple pie. I even made homemade crust. Mark that down for starters!
I have a picture of it only I left the camera at our friends house...so I will post a picture as soon as I get it back.

It was also a Pioneer Women recipe from the book. It is not on her website. But, it is so easy and probably one of the best apple pies I've ever had.

If you don't have the Pioneer Women Cookbook, I highly recommend it. You can also visit her website.

Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.