Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's my ...I mean our birthday !


























As most you know...or should know, my birthday is March 10 (Wednesday). I was actually kind of dreading my birthday and not just because I am turning 24. I had put a lot of pressure on Brian to make this very special. I mean I sent him a list of 25 outrageous gifts that he could get me. Why you might ask? This would be the first time I would be celebrating without Abby (twin) in 24 years.

For most people, I don't think they can understand why it is such a big deal. And that of course is because they are selfish and have not had to share a birthday with someone else (jk...but not really). As a twin we get asked a lot of questions "do you all think a like", "can you read her mind". I mean we get a lot of crazy questions and for the most part the answer is no. And although there are times in our life that we wished we weren't twins, mainly because we weren't always known as "individuals" rather "Abby and Amanda" I don't think either one of us would have it any other way. For those of you who know us know we are very different. As a matter of fact, all of us Alderman girls are very very different, but we seem to have a great balance.

But it looks like celebrating all by my lonesome without the other half will have to wait another year! Abby and my friend Dara are flying down March 18 and staying through that Sunday. I immediately called Brian and said, "pressure is off". haha.

I have already started a to do list when they come. I am so excited. I can hardly stand it. We will for sure hit the new bakery that just opened two blocks from my house "Cupcakes to go go", "POPS" restaurant, Bricktown, The Memorial, little boutiques, Lunch with Brian at CHK, play time with the CharChar and a celebration of the twinies birthday on Saturday.

3 comments:

x said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Really cute picture. Happy Birthday to you both!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to you and Abby! Glad you'll get to celebrate together soon! Enjoy the rest of your day :)