Thursday, March 25, 2010

Picture day!

I made the 13 hour trip to Kentucky on Tuesday to spend time with my sister while she is in the hospital. I stayed at my parents last night and kicked Carmen out of her bed so that I could possibly get some shut eye. But some things never change. Mom and Carmen came in 5 times. Carmen just came in and said, "Hey Amanda." I think she was just checking to make sure I actually stayed all night.

Today was picture day for Carmen. And it came as no surprise that all three of them forgot. Mom was all tore up and actually took her out of school brought her home and changed her outfit. This reminded me of the time that it was picture day for Kim, Abby, and me. We of course forgot it was picture day and headed off to school. The car broke down on second street right by Knapp Ave. It was pouring the rain and we had to walk to school. Once we got there and realized it was picture day...we about died. I was wearing an old goldish color jacket, frizzy perm, and about 15 pounds overweight and I smiled big for the camera. I look back now and wish that we would have bought that picture because I'm sure it is something to laugh at.

I guess at least we have a good story to tell.

Amanda

No comments: