Sunday, May 16, 2010

Brian's trip

Walking through mud!
Lehne threatened Brian ahead of time he was not allowed to throw anything (mud) at her.
Hard at work.
What is that on your face?

This past week Brian traveled to Charleston, SC for a geology field class. From what Brian told me these CHK kids really were roughing it out there. They each got their own hotel suite, rode on a boat all day, looked at sediments, drank beer, and ate tons of good food. All on CHK tab. How they ever made it through the whole week...really beats me! :)

And Charlie and I were roughing it in Oklahoma.

Brian had a great time and learned a lot. It does not surprise me that a trip like this, even though it was mostly work, he really enjoyed. And to say the least it was well deserved. These boys and girls work hard. I would go into more detail about his trip and what he learned, but I'm afraid (surprise, surprise) I'm still trying to get out of him what all they did. We know how much Brian loves giving details.

Although, I found out today Brian won 4 awards. Charlie and I are so proud of him!

The first award: GeoJock because he is athletic.

The Second award: Environmental award for picking up a balloon on the beach and disposing of it properly.

The third award: Psychic award. He guessed the water salinity and depth correctly four times.

The forth award: Scale provider award (shared with "Bone") these two always had their ruler to put on a trench for scale.

No comments: