Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's a rough life...

I can't believe we have been in Oklahoma City for a month. At the beginning, things seemed to be constantly changing and I was concerned whether or not everything would work out. I am working at a YMCA and started out lifeguarding, but I no longer lifeguard, I am a swim instructor. It amazes me that as a swim instructor I get almost a dollar more than if I lifeguarded. My working schedule is rough. I work Mondays-Thursdays 9:30am-11:45am. I know you're probably wondering how I make it through the day...where do I find time to workout, watch five episodes of LOST a day, and work on my tan. Well, I some how manage to fit it all in. For those of you wondering about my busy days here in OKC, let me give you an example of the crazy and hectic day of Amanda Alderman.

Brian's alarm clock goes off at 6:18 am and I know I have exactly 42 minutes to sleep before I have to get up and take him to work. I get Brian to work by 7:15 and I rush home just in time to make a bowl of cereal and catch the last two episodes of The Nannie on Lifetime. Then I take a nap and my alarm goes off with just enough time to make it to work by 9:30. I teach swim lessons for two straight hours and it's harder than most of you think. But, believe it or not, I actually have enjoyed it. I have a free membership so I make an attempt to workout there as much as possible. Once I make it home around 1:30 I find time to work on my tan and lie by the pool and people watch, it's rather fun. Once I've had enough of that I come inside to watch LOST. I am addicted. I'm already half way through season 3. It is not unusual for me to watch 5 episodes a day. I know that is crazy, but this has become my daily routine. By this time, it is time to pick Brian up from work. I slave over a hot stove and cook him dinner because I know he's had a long day at work. HA! NOT! I'm not much of a cook other than sweets. Our dinners consist of frozen dinners and pizzas!

Like I said, I have it rough and I'm not sure I can keep up this pace without wearing myself out. But I will keep on because someone has to do it!

2 comments:

KAM said...

i'm so jealous!

Kris and Kally said...

Okay...so you're living in Oklahoma??? What are you guys doing out there? I'm so impressed!