Saturday, June 7, 2008

After week 1

Amanda has made the last several posts so I figured it was my time to make a contribution. Yesterday I finished the first week of my internship at Chesapeake Energy. So far it has been a really good experience and I think I'm going to enjoy my summer. The first couple of days were pretty overwhelming being in a new environment and basically not having a clue what was going on. There is so much to learn as to what a geologist does, and how the whole industry works. I am working in the North Louisiana group and I really like everyone in it. My mentor is very smart and willing to teach me, and everyone else in the group has made me feel welcome and offered to help with anything. I have a project laid out for the summer that will definitely keep me busy and sounds very interesting. Chesapeake's "campus" is really amazing. They call it a campus because it is basically set up like a college campus. There is a stream running through it, brick buildings that look like something you would see on a small college campus, two restaurants (which are amazing), and a 40,000 sq. ft. workout facility with pool and basketball court. So far it has been a good experience and I imagine the rest of the summer will be as well.

No comments: