Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tornadoes...


This past Thursday I went to the Northside YMCA to meet my future boss and to get the rest of my paper work filled out. We discussed my trip to Utah and the experiences I had and how I liked Oklahoma thus far. I found that we had several things in common, which was very comforting. She plays on an outdoor soccer team and said that her team is always needing girl subs and I excitedly told her that I brought all my soccer gear! Once we finished chit chatting, she showed me around the Y. It was not what I expected, but it will do. Once we got to the pool I was shocked by how small of a pool it actually was. My first thought was, "wow, this will be easy". She went on to tell me that the reason the pool is not open today was because of the last tornado that hit, blew the roof off. I thought I would die right there! It had taken them over a week to fix and repair the roof. As most of you know, I am terrified of tornadoes and Oklahoma loves them. I have yet to experience a tornado or a strong severe storm, but I'm sure my time is coming. And don't worry I will blog my whole experience.

No comments: