Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our trip to Utah!



We just got back to Oklahoma City from Utah for Jennifer's wedding. We had a great time, but are extremely exhausted. Our first three days in Utah Brian and I went on our first backpacking trip at the San Rafael Swell which is in central Utah! We were able to share this experience with his brother Greg, cousin Scott, and his aunt Lucy. On our trip we experienced some snow, rain, hail, and sunny skies (not much). Unfortunately, I do not have any backpacking gear of my own, so I used Jen's. I have no complaints of her backpacking gear, except when I put on her rain pants. I knew they were "small", but somehow missed the "petite" in front of it. I don't know why I thought sucking in my childbearing hips (which you cannot do) would help, but I did it anyways. Needless to say I got them on and they were extremely uncomfortable, but they kept me dry! On our last full day of hiking I was focusing very hard on the the ground in front of me so that I would not fall or trip on any of the rocks. But, I can't stress enough how important it is to also watch ahead of you because rocks fly out of no where, because I ran my head right into a huge rock and if it had not been for Brian catching me, I would have fallen to the ground and could have seriously hurt myself. Surprisingly, with as hard as I hit the rock, I did not get a bruise of bump. Overall, it was a great experience and we had wonderful dinners thanks to Lucy! Here is a link to the pictures from the backpacking trip and a link to all the pictures from the weekend.

No comments: