Thursday, October 30, 2008

update on Charlie.

As most of you know, Charlie has been very sick the past couple weeks. He was losing weight, not eating and sleeping all day. After realizing these symptoms we figured it was time to call the vet. He had tape worms, hook worms, and round worms. This explained his lack of appetite and energy. We got him on the meds and after a week still saw no change. So, that Friday I took him back to the Vet where i stayed for four hours to hear the news that Charlie could possibly have 1 of 3 things wrong with him. Kidney failure, tumor, or addisons disease. When i asked my options, I realized I could not afford to any of the treatment options. Unfortunantely, Brian was teaching class and was not there with me. Needless to say I was crying like a big baby and I was by myself and I could hear Charlie barking in the background. To make a long story short we decided to do an ultra sound and found out that he has Addisons Disease. It is very rare for puppys to be diagnosed at such a young age it usually takes several years. We were so excited! Granted we don't want our dog to have a disease, but we will take that over kidney failure! He will take a pill everyday and a shot once a month. He is now eating regularly and gaining weight. His energy is back to where it used to be and things are going great!
I will post pictures of him soon!

No comments: