Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's up with all the booing?


While at the UK football game today, I thought of a blog post that must be written. Now, for all of you who know me, know that I'm not that into football. I enjoy going to the game getting my diet coke, water, and kettle corn. It keeps me occupied till at least the 3rd quarter where at that point I'm usually ready to go home. But, I know that there is no way that would ever happen. No matter what the score you know that Brian and I will still be at the game till the clock reads 0:00. Once we head out of the stadium I over hear thousands of complaining or excited UK fans. Brian is usually one of the many speaking his mind. Poor thing usually has me to confide in and lord knows I have no idea what went on. I just know whether we won or lost. I make sure to let him know that I'm paying attention by the occasional nod of the head or "oh yeah totally, I know". But then he usually realizes that I really don't care, it's just a game, and he'll call his dad who seems to be able to complain right a long with him.

So, the point of this blog is how low can UK fans really be? During the 4th quarter with the sun beating down on my pale skin, something caught my attention. It was the booing of the crowd. Once again Hartline threw another bad pass. Seriously, is it necessary to boo our own quarterback? Bless his little heart, he is trying his best and the least we could do as fans is boo under our breath, not out loud. No wonder the kid can't complete a pass because no one believes in him. We've got the deal with what we got and pray things getting better. I mean the kid is only a sophomore (red shirt). So, there are my views on UK football!

I'm going to leave you all with an important question. Should our wedding cake be square or round? Please answer in the poll on the right hand side of the page.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I can't figure out how to vote for me and Ben, but he says square- cheaper (more pieces), and you get more frosting.

Greg said...

I'm very disappointed that I only have two shape choices on the poll. I'm going to make a write-in vote for rhombus.