Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Team Amanda Lent '09

I have been challenged to give up Chocolate and Ice cream during lent. For those of you who are not aware of my love for those two things...let me fill you in. Every night I have a bowl of ice cream that usually has some form of chocolate in it. Making brownies and/or cookies once a week is not uncommon for me either and eating 3/4 of it is all too common. Needless to say, this is a pretty good challenge and one that will be very difficult. So far I have made it a week and feel like I'm doing very well. My birthday is next Tuesday (hint hint) and I normally get an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. But it does not look that way this year! :( This will be the hardest part of the 40 days.

Kyle, the challenger, has already lost. He claims it's not a competition but it is. He has given up a number of things..the list is too long and he has already changed his mind after Lent had already started...I guess he just could not sacrifice.

I will keep you all updated throughout my journey over the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Best of luck! (just think of it as a great way to cut out calories before the wedding... that's how i encouraged myself to stick to no alcohol while on tb meds for 4 months!) i wish i could say i was doing it with you, but i just grabbed a bite of chocolate after i read it.... ben needs to stop buying easter candy! no restraint...