Thursday, May 7, 2009

Moving home

It has been a week today since I have moved home. I have surprisingly enjoyed it. I think it's because I know I will be moving 13 hours away in a short time. Let me enlighten you with how a normal day goes in the Alderman household.

I stay in Carmen's room surrounded by Hannah Montana and a million stuffed animals.

6:45 mom barges in trying to find Carmen something to wear while complaining that my dad puts her clothes up in no order..."but I won't complain because he does wash her clothes". For some reason I think mom forgets for the 15 minutes of looking that I am sleeping and in no mood to have conversation. I just agree with whatever she says.
-I will have to take my dads side that he just hangs everything up and all Carmen's socks etc. are in the top drawer. But whose looking??

7:00 Get up! Carmen has already made it into her room to talk to me and ask what I will be doing today and whether or not I will be home when she gets back from school.

7:15 Pour a bowl of cereal just to find out that there is no milk. This is one thing that drives me INSANE!

7:16 eating dry cereal watching the TODAY show.

8:00 Everyone is gone!!!! RELAX.

but only till...
8:15 Mom calling me asking me to do 100 different things. This in turn consumes my whole day.

But honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I am enjoying the time here with my friends and family.

The evenings around here are not too bad. Carmen reads to me from her AR book and explains to me how to correctly sound out letters and words. I didn't know I was in the 2nd grade again.

Bobbi, my cousin, is getting ready to graduate college after 33 years (she found out she only need 15 hours to complete her degree) so I have been helping her type papers and do math.

Then it's off to bed!

I know all of you are jealous as you should be!

Brian is currently back in Lexington working on his thesis and staying with Kyle. I would like to be a fly on the wall when they are together because when I am with them they come up and talk about the most absurd things...I can only imagine what they talk about when I'm not there. Maybe I don't want to know. Either way I'm sure that one or both of them will come up with some awful idea that they want to do for the wedding.

Just for the record...there will be no facial hair at the wedding.

No comments: