Monday, August 10, 2009

City Driver

It's official I am a city driver. I drove on a four lane highway, drove underneath other highways and crossed three lanes in order to get off at the right exit. God must be on my side because there were no cars near when I crossed all three lanes. No cars or lots of cars...I crossed three lanes of traffic safely. Not going to lie there was a smile on my face. I have decided that it necessary for me to have no music on while in the car. This allows me to actually pay attention to where I'm going.

On our trip out here we had to make a stop in St. Louis to get the car fixed. Unfortunately, they could not fix the problem but could temporary fix it. So, one of my many task this week is to get the car fixed. Brian had me 3 places to call and get an estimate. So, I called all the places and ended up with the same questions and answers.

Here were the questions asked and my response:

1. What do you drive? Audi
2. What year is it? 97
3. Is it an A4,A8, etc.? Ugh, A4? Or maybe it's an A6 (is A6 even an option?)
4. Ok, well this is an important question, so which is it? I'm going to go with A4.
5. Do you have your insurance card in your pocket? Really? No, it's in the car.
5. Is it a 4c or 6c? What? It's standard...does that mean anything?
6. Can you just bring the car in and let me look at it? Yes!

Foreign cars are great, but so expensive to get fixed! I made sure that the nice gentleman wrote down everything he told me with cost and labor cost so that I can discuss it tonight with Brian.

Car Expert...NO! City Driver...YES!

1 comment:

Jen said...

keep being particular! looking forward to hearing about OKC. hope b had a good 1st day at work. good luck w/ your job search, too!