Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chocolate Milkshake.

Brian and I went to a local restaurant a few blocks from our apartment tonight for some ice cream. They specialize in homemade ice cream and soda fountain drinks. For those of you from Morehead it reminds me a lot of Holbrook Drugs, only does not have a pharmacy or have gifts you can purchase...So really they just have the bar with stools that you can sit on and watch them make your dessert of choice. I, of course, chose to get a chocolate milkshake. No need for whipped cream or the cherry on top ( you get less milkshake if you get all those extra topping and I don't need those extra calories anyways.). Give me more MILKSHAKE. It was by far one of the BEST milkshakes I've ever had in my life. It ranks right up there with my papaw Earl's milkshakes. Here is the best part. They gave me my shake in an old time milkshake glass and they even gave me the the leftovers that would not fit in my cup. O.M.G. I was thrilled...I mean who does that? They always throw it away and I get so upset.

So, when everyone comes to visit me here in OKC you know where you are going for dessert!!!! And no I will not share my extra milkshake with anyone. Get your own!

Oh yeah Brian got some strawberry fountain drink. Mine topped his my 100!

1 comment:

Jen said...

So jealous- much better than the 30 min wait for the less-than-stellar "shakes" (imitation blizzards) from Arctic Circle in Kemmerer, WY. The ice cream at Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone the day before was pretty good though. You guys have to make the trip to Tetons and Yellowstone sometime. I needed Brian there as my own personal geologist. Will send pics soon!