Monday, November 16, 2009

Cowboys.

I just started my fourth week at the University of Central Oklahoma. It just so happens that I started work during one of their busiest times. I currently work in Admissions so I have a lot of interaction with the students. I have heard every excuse and lie possible. To the point where I just want to yell "NEXT". But, I don't, I smile let them finish then usually deny them. At first it was hard and I felt sorry for them, but now I don't.

Today I met my first real cowboy "born and raised in Oklahoma". Once he sat down at my desk he proceeded to say "well honey you should be a super model" (hey, with a day like today, I will take it...even if it was an unattractive cowboy). I smiled and said thank you. It didn't stop...

Cowboy: Where are you from?
Me: Kentucky.
Cowboy: I knew it with a body like that you have to be a rider.
Me: Horses?
Cowboy: yes.
Me: No, actually never been on one.
Cowboy:Well, you have to do something because "ain't" noway someone can look like that without doing something.
Me: Here are your transcript sir..... I run.

I smiled and he knew to stop.

Story #2

A guy about my age asked to get his transcript. I asked for his student I.D. which was a big mistake because I got the WHOLE story of what happened to it.

Let me share it with.

Boy: I don't have my idea my girl friend threw it away when we broke up.
Me: oh I'm sorry. do you have any photo id.
Boy: I actually have to meet up with her today because she said she wanted to talk. She said that we had to stand outside the car. I'm going to be so cold because the wind is blowing like crazy. She won't get into the car with me and drive somewhere to talk because she says she needs someone to be there in case something happens.
Me: any photo ID will really work...drivers licenses...
Boy: The first time we broke up it was really bad. She got really mad at me because I kissed her right after we ended it. She got mad but "the funny thing is she kissed me back". Now what is that about?

Me: No idea. How many transcripts do you need?
Boy: ya, so I'm nervous.

Me: I'm really sorry to hear all about this and I wish you the best of luck. How many transcripts do you need.

No comments: