Thursday, November 19, 2009

What's that you said?

This afternoon I sent my boss an e-mail asking if it would be OK that I take my lunch next Tuesday at 4pm because I had a dentist apt. I went on to tell her that it was kinda urgent that I go because I have a tooth that is "chipped" and it's starting to bother me.

I passed her in the hallway and she that it was fine and to go a head and go.

Well, this is where the true story begins. Apparently, she went into the Asst. director office to let him know that I would be gone and that we may need someone to help out during that last hour.

Asst. Director = Jeff (a male young guy in late 20's)
Director= Linda (female 50's)

This is how the conversation went:

Linda: Amanda will be gone next Tuesday last hour of work because she is going to get her "CRACK" fixed.

Jeff: (red faced and wide eyed) Excuse me?

Linda: Yeah, Amanda said she needed to fix her CRACK she is going next Tuesday.

Jeff: Ok.

end of story.

Later today Jeff comes to me and goes, "Amanda, have you ever heard of Lindaisms?" I said "no, why?"

"well, she made one about you."

me- " oh really let's hear it"

So he told me the story of how I'm getting my "CRACK" fixed. I was dying laughing. I thought it was so funny.

I asked him if she told what kind of "crack" or if she just left it for him to come to his own conclusion. Sure enough she left it wide open for every imagination.

I insured him that it my tooth that was cracked and that was all that was getting checked.

For the remainder of the day I was laughing and could not stop. One of my c0-workers asked what was so funny. I told her the story and we decided to go and give Linda a hard time. She didn't even get it. That is the funny thing. I told her that I never even used the word "crack" in the e-mail. She made that up all her own. I did inform her, however, that my "crack" apt was not til March and I would let her know then the exact date.

Lindaisms happen often and I'm excited to hear more of them because they are so funny. Apparently she says a lot of things that can be taken out of text and she does not even know. There is a list of them and mine just got added. Everyone says mine is the best so far!

What can I say..."I'm Killing it!" (that is for Kyle, Brian, Lehne, and Stephen).

What a great way to end the day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gosh amanda you are SO killing it! for my life!