Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stuck.

On Wednesday and Friday's I train for 30 minutes with Mark. These session are the most intense 30 minutes of my life. It's a love/hate relationship. After my training sessions I have exactly 18 minutes to shower, get dressed, and be in my office. So, it's like I get a 48 minute workout. I swear I NEVER stop sweating.

Yesterday, was no different. I rushed through my shower and pushed the glass door to get out. It was stuck. There is a wood thing (if you will) that you step on once you get out. I thought to myself-- no big deal, I will just move it to where I can get out. I realized that was not going to work. It was stuck between the the trash can on one side and the wall on the other. So, the only LOGICAL thing I could think to do was throw something at the trash can. I grabbed the face wash and tossed it. I hit the the trash can, but not hard enough. Now I am panicking. Oh my gosh, I'm going to have to yell out and have someone help me out of the shower. OH MY GOSH! In the girls locker room at CHK, I spoke in my outside voice and said, "UMMM.., is anyone in here? I need help out of the shower!" I hear a response, "WHAT?". (just kill me.) I have to REPEAT myself, which I hate to do. I told her that I had my towel on, but that the door was stuck. She opened the curtain, picked up the wood panel and SAVED me! Thank GOD!

I later told my boss, Kary, about it she started dying laughing. Her response was, "Amanda, you can pull the door both ways. You can push it out, or PULL IT TOWARDS YOU!"

Only me, only me. I decided to blame it on my trainer Mark because I still was not recovered from my training session and therefore, could not think logically. ha!

2 comments:

KAM said...

OH my gosh. This absolutely cracked me up! Just picturing it makes my day. hahahaha I guess we're both a chip off the old block! What would everyone do if they couldn't laugh at all our embarrassing moments? LOL

Twila (but for the sake of cultural competency pronounce it like Paula with a Tw) said...

hahahhaha I LOVED THIS!!!! Only you... or me!
I'm glad you got out--- were you late for work?! ha