Friday, October 29, 2010

Ice cream, anyone?

What does a girl have to do to get a milkshake?

Last night my friend, Karla, and I were driving home from a concert and decided to stop for a Sonic late night treat.

It went something like this...

Sonic lady: whatever they normally say.

Me: I'll take a small chocolate shake and a small Reese's blast.

Sonic: I'm sorry, but we are out of ice cream.

Me: Wait, what? You don't have any ice cream?

Sonic: No, we just ran out.

Me: oh, well ok. nevermind then.

me to karla---is that even possible?

REALLY?

We were determined to get some ice cream.

McDonalds (not great shakes, but it will do.)

Drive-thru

McD: whatever they normally say.

Me: Hold on just a second, I'm not ready yet.

At this time all the lights at McDonalds go out. I could no longer read the screen to decide what i wanted. NOTHING. I didn't even have time to see if they still had the triple thick milkshakes.

Me: umm hello? wait I hadn't ordered yet. Are you closed?

---All lights come back on...

Mcd: Can i take your order

I give them my order...we made it!

Once up to the window, i asked if they were closing. Sure enough they were (even though their window say 24-hour drive-thru, but who reads things anyways?) and he closed and locked the window.

It was like God was telling me I didn't need a milkshake, but I did. And although I only ordered a small shake, I got a large. You know, when you order a sweet tea and they give you a HUGE cup, ya my milkshake came in that cup.

Successful night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm glad you wrote about this so we may never forget :P

You left out that we were dying of laughter the whole car ride!
hahahahahaaa!!!!!!!
good times. Thanks for inviting me!