Friday, November 5, 2010

Hanging of the greens

I found a Christmas tree. And it was not easy. It is not 9ft, like I wanted, but it is 7.5ft. It is the color, width, and not pre-lit like I wanted. I had to compromise some where. Even better, I got it for $78 bucks. All the other trees ranged from $250-900. Thank goodness.

The in-laws are coming down for Thanksgiving. They will all be happy to know:

1. I found a tree.
2. Just bought the new Mariah Carey Merry Christmas II You CD.
3. Favorite "Winder Candy Apple" candle is ready to be lit.
4. It is tradition in the Alderman household to put up the Christmas tree the day after thanksgiving.
5. I plan on putting the tree up on good ole Black Friday or early Saturday.



It makes me giggle to think of the Scotts' putting up a tree the day before Thanksgiving, because they normally put one up 5-8 days before Christmas. I think they think I'm crazy for putting one up so early. And yes, I have already started listening to Christmas music. Thank goodness I have found someone who loves Christmas as much as I do. She too is already listening.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

Greg said...

I think we got duped. I was told we were invited to OK for Thanksgiving, but apparently we're going to be there for the beginning of Christmas.

A few of my favorite Lewis Black quotes on the subject:

"Thanksgiving used to be Thanksgiving, and it was its own holiday, not Christmas: Part 1. When I was a kid, you ate, and you drank, and you passed out and nobody woke you up and said, 'Let's go shopping.'"

"Thanksgiving would be great if Santa wasn't sticking his *** in it."

I'm excited to see you all!

Amanda said...

Greg, it is always good to start new traditions. :) I didn't say anything about shopping! :) You can thank me for that..hahaha. And if I get to much crap from y'all and ruin my Christmas Spirit, then I will wait until you leave. But don't think for a second that we are not listening to MC new CD!!!!

We are sooooooo excited to have you all come down! Should be a good time.