Thursday, August 16, 2012

Step by Step

Ann made a delish peanut butter chocolate cake while we were in Kentucky. I LOVED it so much I decided I need to make it. I documented the most important steps and I 
will show you how it turned out. 
I decided that I would be very particular and really read the directions. Not skip one step. I was not going to let my, self diagnosed, dyslexia/ADD get in the way of me making this cake.


First things first. Taste the batter to make sure it's good.
After 3 good "finger licking" tests, I figured it was good to go.

Then you must taste the peanut butter frosting. I tasted it several times.
You may need to taste more. It just depends on the baker.... ;)
In the directions on the website, it said to use wax paper and Ann used "tabs" to help get the cake out.
Clearly, I had no clue what that meant. Lets just say, the wax paper baked
 into the sides of the cake. But it was easy to peel off once it cooled. And I only lost a quarter
of an inch off the sides of all 3 cakes. HA!

Then it was time to frost the cake. I did not get the cake perfectly lined up because all the
 sides of all the cakes were gone (oops!).  
And that would be why it is leaning. But, I thought I could fix it with icing....
Then we put on the chocolate peanut butter drizzle.

Looks the same, right?!

Then it split right down in the middle. And no, I did not do that with a knife.
This cake has a mind of its own.

Chocolate "hot mess" Peanut Butter cake (from scratch, clearly)


Portion of the fallen cake. Bless it.

Well, it may not be pretty or score me a spot on the food network; but, it sure was delicious! 

                                                        Click HERE for the recipe.






4 comments:

aMUSEing said...

i am dying!!! they look exactly the same! i would love a chunk of the hot mess cake, right now!!!

Greg said...

Amanda, it is the prettiest thing I have ever seen.

Unknown said...

Tia and Greg, I shall make you one when you come visit! ha!

Ann said...

Amanda, I am SO impressed. Loved the on-going photo story -- how did you keep those ingredients from clogging up your camera?? Anyway, bravo! from Ann, the one who doesn't make cakes...