Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas: Part 1


I love coming home for Christmas. I can't think of a better place to spend my favorite time of year, than in my favorite place...Home. 

After 14 hours in the car, seeing this sign brings tears to my eyes and a huge smile on my face. Seriously. 
I sometimes wonder if anyone can love Morehead as much as I do. 
I'm not sure it is possible. :)




After being in the 'head' for less then two hours, we hopped back in the car and headed to our first, of many, Christmas parties. I realized that I did not take one picture with the hostesses, my sisters or any of my friends,  but only of one special little guy. I was both anxious and nervous to see Hudson. I always have such high expectations that I will be his favorite aunt and he will scream with excitement every time he sees me. Obviously, that is not the case; but rather I am a complete stranger. And instead of excitement screams, I get terrified "noooo, want mama." (sigh)  Staying positive, I hoped that our hours of face-time would help him recognize me. 

And boy did it! We got into all kinds of trouble. We went up stairs we weren't supposed to. ( I had no clue he had been warned and in time out for going up these stairs. So, when he asked to go up "those" stairs, I said sure.)  We Jumped on beds and had pillow fights. We climbed up and down stairs (these stairs we were allowed on) with me throwing him into the air each time he reached the top. I had to take several layers off and put the hair up from sweating so much. This fun aunt stuff is hard work. I could not convince Hudson to play with trucks, while I tried to stop sweating. But I was quick on my feet and we went outside to sit with Rudolph with no shoes or socks (aunt of the year award goes right here).  We had an amazing time. And I knew the week ahead would be just as great. 



Here are a few pictures of our nights leading up to Christmas!


I put my hair pack down for our little photo shoot. 

Huddy is obsessed with Rudolph.   


He loved uncle Brian's Christmas Sweater. 


Hudson enjoyed my homemade marshmallows. 
He had to take a bite out of each one.
Cute.




Question: What water creature do I look like?
Answer: Stingray

Every year on Christmas eve my family has an ornament exchange. It's so fun.

Hudson got a cupcake ornament. And this is where he takes after his auntie.
All he wanted to do was lick the icing off. I mean can one blame him? Icing is the BEST part.
Poor thing licked it for several minutes....


We let Nanny and Papaw open up their Christmas present early.  IPAD! 
I am so excited to be able to Face-time with them whenever I want. 
This makes living far from home a little easier. 



Of course it's not a Christmas party without Brian wearing his 3 year old Wal-Mart women's 
Christmas turtle neck that has shrunk in size with every wash. 
I have official given up on this fight. 
Go ahead-- show off your midriff! What a Christmas blessing. 
HA! 




Much more to come from our trip back home. 


No comments: