Friday, April 12, 2013

Best kept secret...Chinese Massage Parlor


Yesterday, we had a "going away" dinner for a friend who is moving to Houston.
Waaaahh. 
I'm so over everyone leaving OKC. Makes me so sad. 
Ok, ok enough with the pity party. 


We met up at one of my favorite restaurants in town. 
I knew it was going to be a good night.
We enjoyed a lovely girls dinner. 
Naturally, we discussed important girl issues: 
sunglasses, hair, pedicures, shoes, tjmax etc., etc., etc. 
And at some point, in our conversations, a local Chinese Massage parlor comes up.  
For only $20 dollars, you get a 40 minute face, head, neck, leg, arm, foot, back massage. 
In other words, a full body massage.
One of the girls had been once before.
 And, yes, fully clothed. 
I was wondering too! ;)
Automatically, I needed to go. 
I wanted to go. 
I had to go.
I was willing to pass up the cookie pie just to go! 
Serious business, I tell ya! 
 And for $20 bucks, why the heck not?!

We were warned it was a bit sketchy.
 Curtains covered the windows. 
 Really dark inside. 
And only men work there (or so we thought). 
 
After dinner, we headed to the parlor. 
(It's not really called that, but it makes it sound better...right?!)

Here is a glimpse into my 40 minutes of pure bliss! ;)


Front of the Massage parlor.


They are open 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.


Nervously, I took a seat on my throne. ha!
Orange Chair/bed?!

My feet were so excited to me massaged.



I think I need this chair/bed at home.
After about 5 minutes of a very slow recline, I finally made it all the
way back. At that point, the towel was placed over me.
Automatically, sweating.
Nerves sweat some might say.
I just say, Amanda sweat.
Those who know me, know this to hold true.
 So, I had to take my shirt off.
I could not being sweating and uncomfortable during my massage.
I did, however, have a tank top on underneath.
Thank God!
 
Ready!

3 of the girls getting their massages



The massage was amazing.
No Joke.


Just a few fun facts about the massage:

1. At one point, my legs got thrown up into the air and crashed down. I think, I thought, he was going to catch them. But no, they crashed into the chair/bed.  I couldn't help but giggle, because it was so unexpected. And I am still not sure why they were thrown up. Maybe, that was his way of telling me it was on to the next part of this massage.
2. The front of the legs massage. And I mean very, very top to bottom. Like...hands on part where legs meet your area.... HA! I thought to myself,  "ok, ummm, ok soo nothing is/was being touched. We're good!"
3. Full on butt massage. Not going to lie, loved it.

All joking aside, it really was a great massage and experience.
Sketchy...sure.
But a fun girls night, that was much needed.
I can't wait to go back. Seriously.

Here we are after our fun girls night out! 


1 comment:

massage said...

I love a good massage, and they gotta go deep.