Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wedding bliss and a few other things


Well it has been a little over two weeks since Brian and I got engaged. We have been able to enjoy our engagement before all the serious planning begins; which starts probably as soon as we get back to Kentucky. I hope not to think about or worry about any of the planning until then. But, I know that will be difficult. There are just so many little things that you don't think of that needs to be done for a wedding. Thank god I have my family and friends that seem to have weddings under control. That is not to say that they will be making all the decisions, only guiding me through the process.
I decided to go to Davids Bridal today because it is right near our apartment. I walked in and stayed about five minutes before I decided to turn around and leave. First of all, I felt like an idiot going into a wedding shop by myself while all the other brides to be had their whole crew with them. Secondly, There were way to many dresses for me to go through. I was totally overwhelmed. I'm not one for shopping. When I go shopping it usually consist of my sisters/friends throwing things at me to try on and putting outfits together. I'm just awful at it. I have no patience for it. Now you take me into Bath and Body Works, I could stay there ALL day. I love that store! Internet shopping is the way to go!

Just a few things from my day:

1. It was 93 degrees today, which felt like 80. It was GREAT!

2. I am teaching a private lesson and she wants to continue until winter. I asked my boss if I could have her get a hold of her to figure out scheduling more private lessons. Her response was "No". So, my response was "well then, who does she get a hold of?" and she just shrugged her shoulders. Ok...she is the director that is her job. right?

3. The highlight of my day was having fresh homemade guacamole that Abby made for the "So you think you can dance" get together.

4. Still searching for a job. Anybody know somebody, who knows somebody, that can get me a job, just let me know.

5. I had a dream the other night where I was punching someone. I woke up to find that I had punched the wall. My engagement ring had turned around where the diamond was facing the side of my pinky finger and I guess I was squeezing my fist so hard and punching really hard that I broke the skin and it started bleeding. Not long after that brian woke up with a nose bleed. I hope I wasn't punching him. :)

1 comment:

KAM said...

Well I'll be glad when you're back from OK so I can quit having the tornado dreams. I have at least one a week. Funny thing is you aren't in them; it's me. And they're terrifying! No more tornadoes for me!! ;)