Sunday, November 9, 2008

Christmas times ah coming.....


Today I went with my sister and her roommate to get decorations for their Christmas tree (they put it up today). It was so exciting. Christmas is my favorite Holiday! I look forward to putting up my Christmas tree the day after thanksgiving. I would put it up sooner, but Brian and Kyle seem to think that is an awful idea. I totally disagree! And I would probably put one up now, but I don't have a tree. That is my next purchase. So, instead I will wear my Christmas pj's and listen to my Christmas music. Once I have a tree there will be no promises that I will continue to put the Christmas tree up the day after thanksgiving...it may be earlier!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i think this is a "PUUUUUURE BLACK" thing. Cause I would put my tree up trick or treat night.

also for those of you who thought i was being racist...i'm not.
Black is our FAMILY name.

Greg said...

I'm going to have to side with my brother on this one. Christmas is a full month after Thanksgiving. Christmas season can't even start until after Thanksgiving (and really shouldn't until close to Christmas). Fortunately, Christmas is in January this year. As Lewis Black puts it, "If my math is right, Christmas is two days after Thanksgiving." Or also from Lewis Black, "Thanksgiving used to be Thanksgiving, and it was its own holiday, not Christmas: Part 1. When I was a kid, you ate, and you drank, and you passed out and nobody woke you up and said, 'Let's go shopping.'"

KAM said...

I unfortunately can't put my tree up until the house gets painted. So, I have put the wheels in motion. The fireplace was painted yesterday. We are buying the paint this week for the rest of the house, and hope to get started this weekend or possibly the week of Thanksgiving. That way, the tree can go up the weekend after Thanksgiving. FINGERS CROSSED!