Friday, November 9, 2012

"Hangry"

This past Monday I had a minor out patient procedure done. It required me to be on a liquid diet the first day. And the days after only soft food. It has been a major struggle. I am starving. And I get "hangry" (greg scott- you know what I'm talking about). Poor Brian. He is so patient with me, thankfully! Brian is so observant almost to a fault. It drives me nuts sometimes. This whole week he has reminded me "only soft foods, eat only on your left side, did you take your medicine, your stitch still there?" I mean I could go on and on and on. But, I will spare you.

On Monday night, Brian headed out to have mexican with some of our friends. I opted out because I'm not sure the type of liquid meals our mexican restaurant serves. I warmed up two cans of chicken noodle soup and savored every drop of it.

All day I resisted the urge to eat one of my homemade pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. After hours of resisting, I gave in. I did it.
I took two little pitches off the top of one muffin.
I  ate it on the left side.
I don't think I even got a CHOCOLATE CHIP.
I was desperate.
Starving.
I swear.

I did not try and hide the evidence, I just hoped he would not notice.


By the time Brian got home I was already in bed. It was not 30 minutes and I received a text from brian with just this picture....




BUSTED!

I don't regret it. It was amazing! And on Tuesday I ate 5 muffins. Sooooo.... I may need an intervention. 



1 comment:

Greg said...

HANGRY?! I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Oh, look! Muffins!