Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Voting in Oklahoma

Thank God the election is over. I am disgusted with all the nasty/hate comments being posted on social media sites.

Moving forward....

When we moved to Oklahoma it was the first time I voted using pen and paper.  Good ole Morehead might be behind in many things, but we do have electronic voting machines. As my friend Jen put it,  voting in Oklahoma was like voting for "most school spirit" in high school.  ;) All jokes aside, I am thankful we can vote; whether it be by machine or filling in boxes.

As I was standing in line patiently waiting to cast my democratic vote, the couple in front of me took it upon themselves to try and convince me to vote, "anything with an R, vote R". I proceeded to turn around to see whom they were talking to. And to my surprise, they were talking to me! Who knew? Not me, considering I never spoke a word to them the entire 15 minutes I had been standing in line. I decided to respond by not responding and giving them an awkward stare. They responded with, "maybe that was not the right thing to say? Did we overstep our boundaries?" And then they quickly turned around.

This makes me wonder. ..Did I look to hip (I hope so-huge compliment!), too young to know better (whatever!) or did they know deep down Obama would be re-elected again (holla!)  Yeah, it's probably because I looked hip! I'll have to remember that outfit (shirt, leggings and cowboy boots). I kid, I kid!  


One last experience at the voting polls yesterday. As I made my way out of the church, an elderly lady stopped the girl in front of me  and asked, "are the lines divided by democrat and republicans?" Sweet lady, it is divided by your address. Bless her.


#OBAMA4moreyears



2 comments:

Kerry Murphy said...

So funny. I wonder what the expression on your face was like?? LOL

aMUSEing said...

or...did you cover your car in bumper stickers for: equality, hug a tree, ride a bike...yada yada? dead.give.away.

holla.