Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A cloudy day...


This might sound odd to some people, but I look forwarded to cloudy days in OKC. They rarely happen and when they do it usually means rain. It's nice to have a break from the 100 degree temperatures that OKC has every single day. I sweat from the moment I walk out the door. The sun is constantly beating down on you and giving me awkward sunburns. So, today it was cloudy. I was so excited. I went to work had a great day. The kids actually listened to me, for the most part, and one actually swam on her own. Another positive for cloudy weather is that Brian and I can actually run outside without dying from the heat. And with good always comes bad...I was driving home from work today when I went to switch lanes did my usual-- check the mirrors, turn my head back, and it was all clear...that was until I ran into the side of a brand new white Jaguar! We pulled out off the road into the McDonald's Parking lot. I thought to myself I don't care about my car, I just hope I did not hurt hers to bad. Then I realized that I was not in MY car (Chevy Cavalier) I was in Brian's Audi! I could care less about my car it's only worth about 800 dollars( if I'm lucky). So, at this point I realize I have damanged two really nice cars. I mean seriously I hit one of the nicest cars out there. The lady was very nice to me and we were both happy no one was hurt. She pulled out her Iphone calling several people and I had no clue what to do. So, I call my dad. What's he going to do? He's in KY! I thought I had to have my insurance because I was driving, not Brian's. I scrambled through the car till I finally found it. They decided to not get the police involved because it wasn't that big of an accident--for them it was not, but for me it was HUGE! I was holding back tears trying to keep calm and answer all the questions they had for me. Once we got that worked out I headed home. I'm pretty sure I cried for an hour straight.

I know these things happen, but it's always worse when you're in someone else's car and not your own. luckily everyone was very understanding and not to upset... I hope~! :)

Let the sun shine!!!! I don't care if it's ever cloudy again!

No comments: