Saturday, July 19, 2008

We're Engaged!!!



After 7 years and 4 months Brian finally decided to pop the big question. Let me just say it was perfect. We went to one of our favorite parks here in OKC and we started on a jog. I asked Brian to go a head and stretch before we ran, that way we wouldn't have to stop in the middle of our run. I hate stopping because it messes up my flow. He insisted on stretching during our run and I did my usual rolling of the eyes and we started off. We ran for 3 minutes and then Brian decided he need to "stretch". I thought it was early for him to already need to stretch, he usually waits till a mile or so into our run. I went with it and threw my leg up onto the bench and was stretching complaining about how my foot hurt. I noticed Brian was on one knee, but I didn't assume anything, I just figured he was in the process of laying all the way down. That was until he grabbed my hand and then I knew what was going on. I was in total shock. Was not expecting it to happen here, I figured he would wait until we got back home. I had to make him retell me what he said to me while he was proposing because it was all a blur. It seriously took at least 5 minutes for me to grasp what happened. Then the tears came pouring down! We stayed at the park for a couple hours calling everyone and letting them know the good news.

We are so excited and have waited for this day for a long time. We can't wait to share our special day with everyone! Let the planning begin!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! We're very happy for you all.
Judy and Bob Woods

benlei said...

congratulations guys! it only gets better!

Patrick B said...

Wait, did you finish the run?